Saturday, September 9, 2017

Bob Mould - Workbook demos (1988)

My apologies if it seems like I've been phoning it in lately.  Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to provide you with a "normal" amount of content again.  Until then I have this.  Workbook was Bob Mould's first album after dissolving Husker Du in the tail end of 1987 (or was it early 1988).  That band veritably changed my life and musical trajectory.  It surprised a lot of people when Bob returned to music with an unabashedly acoustic endeavor.  By coincidence, Workbook was very much in the same league as Richard Thompson, another acoustic-y singer/songwriter.  At any rate, here are eight drum machine-driven sketches for the album in question (some of which btw never gestated past the demo stage)Dare I say an audio workbook for a Workbook?

01. Brasilia Crossed With Trenton
02. If You're True
03. Sunspots
04. Wishing Well
05. Walls in Time
06. Heartbreak a Stranger
07. Dreaming I Am
08. Trade

MP3 (320 bps)  or  FLAC

4 comments:

hLee said...

Unrelated question....
But...
Any chance you can upload THE GLADSTONES JEREMY album? The link from 2010 has expired of course...cant find "Mary, I" track #6 anywhere :) thanks in advance!
-hLee

G. said...

Thank you for these!

Robert Nagle said...

No worries. You have more than enough in the archives to keep us busy! Thanks for your good work.

Unknown said...

I haven't heard these before - thank you for the post (and the blog in general).